Out of the refiner's fire can come a glorious deliverance...it is part of the purging toll exacted by some to become acquainted with God. By James E. Faust

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Dating update! Still have issues....online dating scams and helps.

Ok...I'm still trying to date...sigh...I hate dating!

But...if I ever want to love a man...I need to date.

I have to laugh at my college age daughters that make comments like..."If I want to meet people, I need to be sociable and go to activities."  Then they usually sigh and laugh...

Then here is a 'kicker'...my daughter says..."How come you have all these high standards and expectations for us (my two girls) but you don't have the same standards for yourself?" Ouch!

I think part of that has to do with what I want in a relationship is different than what they want. I am just looking for someone to love me and sit on the porch with me and grow old and giggle. They are looking for someone with a bright future (career), worthy priesthood holder, kind, caring, emotional connection, healthy, funny, etc. Is that bad?

Sometimes it makes me feel that I am 'still broken'...other times it makes me feel that I am settling...then it makes me feel that I am looking around and the men that are my age and single..let's face it...they are single because they have issues or have suffered a loss (of spouse). My girls talk about 'I don't want to marry a project'...and I think to my self...any older single man IS a project. I look at couples and see the power of a good relationship and the support of a caring spouse.  So yeah, any single many my age is going to have issues. But hey...I certainly have issues.

I do think there is a different level of acceptance of issues at my age...I am comfortable alone...therefore, if he needs 'space' or something, I am totally fine with that because I don't want to spend 24/7 with him anyway. I have children and friends and a job and a life. When young people get married it is ALL about spending that time together to 'create a life together'. It is very different.

I was talking to some creepy guys online...of course I thought they were fine until I realized they were not who they portrayed and were trying to get me to send their 'daughter' money in Nigeria.  Seriously? If you are trying to scam someone...why the heck would you think a single mom with 5 kid would have any money? Evidently, they were not 'good' scammers...lol.

It did make me think about how quickly I wanted to believe everything he said. He knew what women want to hear..."I have learned a pretty package is not always pretty inside - I find intellect attractive - I feel connected to you and want to share all my accumulated wealth with you and take care of you." Yeah...it was very appealing. When he asked me for money and I realized that he was a scam...he replies..."I never loved you either." Really, Wow...that was a surprise!  NOT! 

My stomach did turn as I realized he was not a real person...but I got over it.

It helped me to be more aware of 'signs' that a person is not who they claim to be...Like...they only had 1 or 2 pictures. Their English was not perfect (I believed when they said they were from Europe so I just figured it was 'English from Britain'. I asked if he was am American Citizen - he said partially because his father was from Germany and mother from England.  Seriously, I should have picked up on that one...how is someone a 'partial citizen'?

I even talked to them on the phone for a minute...it was a horrible connection...

Both crazy guys I was talking too..had lost their wives about 5-6 years before. One even knew basic stuff about the church...another said his grandmother used to take him to church and he said he was reading the Book of Mormon and was in 2 Nephi. Both had 1 daughter that lived in another country. Little/if any extended family...

Yeah..they knew what they were doing.

So...are there still any good guys out there?  Yes, I would like to think so...
But it is important to be careful as well...

So...if I find anyone special...I will definitely let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment